Test Run, a test case management program

An opportunity came up to review this software called Test Run, which manages test c ases and trials, and it seemed interesting from my background of designing webpages, not much software, so I decided to give it a run. It's a program that helps manage trial runs by giving the stats on each individual case and/or specific criteria, such as eg. the basket part of the application wasn't working as intented. I installed it on my webserver, only needs apache, php and php json to install and it was quick and painless once those were in place. After that I made a project and ran it through the various phases and overall I liked it, if I had a large group of people managing the development I'd surely need it. You can assign tasks to specific members, give them specific tasks to fulfill and see the success rate/history of the project or task, and get email notifications or generate reports to show the progress being done. Price seems about right too, for about 300$ a year max ownership cost, which is quite less than some subscription rates for other software companies, cough Microsoft. Overall if you're a software QA manager or a project leader I'd recommend this software, at least to give it a whirl, it's free for single installs, so no harm done. Interested people can view the software here, at http://testrun.majordojo.com.

-Steve


Posted bySteve at 8:21 PM

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
ss_blog_claim=df30a80aa7bf48a23dd85b6cff5720aa ss_blog_claim=df30a80aa7bf48a23dd85b6cff5720aa