I figured it all out, how to get online with only my cellphone

Since I lost internet AGAIN in my domr room I actually managed to get online using my cell phone as a modem. I got a W810i with T-Mobile so I got EDGE speeds so I thought I would be all good. Edge speeds are only 148kbps, which is pretty much barely more than 2x the speed of 56k, and it lagged a bit due to the fact it had to go through a proxy. But the key thing is that I have internet when my internet at school goes down, I was able to check my mail and surf, just wasn't able to access secure sites like paypal and etc. Usually tethering is for laptops but unfortunetly i had to do it for desktop, lol. Anyone have any experience with tethering? what speeds you get? Discuss.

-Steve

Posted bySteve at 10:24 AM

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
ss_blog_claim=df30a80aa7bf48a23dd85b6cff5720aa ss_blog_claim=df30a80aa7bf48a23dd85b6cff5720aa