Linux, do you use it?

Just wondering what Linux use is among my readers, since I read a lot of Linux news but particularly don't write about it since usage is pretty low still. I've messed around with Fedora Core (which just released version 6) and Ubuntu 6.06 but haven't really made them my operating systems of choice yet. Until I get seamless game support/program support I just can't support it, but that's just me. I like how things are going tho, as free is always good, but they still need to work on seemless driver installs. I couldn't install nvidia drivers at all, it took extraordinary steps and it didn't work. Until installing things is as seamless as it is on Windows, I don't think it'll be mainstream. The whole world can't be FOSS, and until they realize this then Linux won't overtake windows.

-Steve

Posted bySteve at 11:27 AM

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
ss_blog_claim=df30a80aa7bf48a23dd85b6cff5720aa ss_blog_claim=df30a80aa7bf48a23dd85b6cff5720aa