My usual Sunday educational day at the library.

Since it's a sunday and a pretty quiet day at the library I've been browsing my networks of sites (see my top 5 sites earlier in my blog) and found a pretty cool article on Digg about shipworms in NYC. Shipworms in NYC? Yea back in the 1800's NYC used to have shipworms that would borrow into wood and create holes the foundations of the docks. They're attacking structures like the South Street Seaport and the Jersey City shore right now because the water is CLEANER than ever before and these little creatures that we killed with our pollution of the early 1900's are coming back. It's pretty amazing how these things and most of the fish of the early 1800's are coming back. Check out the article at http://www.livescience.com/othernews/061007_ny_critters.html I'm sure you'll learn something new.

-Steve

Posted bySteve at 12:56 PM

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
ss_blog_claim=df30a80aa7bf48a23dd85b6cff5720aa ss_blog_claim=df30a80aa7bf48a23dd85b6cff5720aa